Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kokopax Classic Carrier: Cuckoo for Kokopax!



People who know me (and my obsessive babywearing ways) know that I have often turned up my nose at traditional frame carriers for babies. Now that I’ve tried a Kokopax Classic Carrier ($180), though, it looks like I have to eat my words.
A modern and stylish interpretation of a frame carrier, the Kokopax combines all the convenience of frame carriers (the baby is higher up, the carrier can stand on the ground with baby in it, it’s easy to put baby on your back) with the fashionable appearance and comfort of some of the more modern carriers (namely, it doesn’t make me feel like I’m going to topple backwards like other frame carriers can).
It comes in six gorgeous colorways – I have the Espresso, which, as a bonus, is very dad-friendly. And my 15-month-old daughter loves it so much we actually have to hide it when we’re not using it so she doesn’t ask to go in.
When I first tried the Kokopax, I worried that the lack of a waistband might be uncomfortable, but boy was I wrong. I love having less to fiddle with and I actually find it liberating to not have anything around my waist. The carrier, which is designed for children from 6 months to 2 years (or 35 lbs), has an adjustable lumbar support bar that rests against the wearer’s lower back and really helps support the weight of the baby.
The Kokopax Classic Carrier is amazing. The price, though it may seem high, is comparable with other frame carriers and the Kokopax has so many great features – a toy ring, a storage pocket, a cute green carry bag and more. There are even adorable tote bags and baby sun hats available in carrier-matching prints. In fact, I think the only down side to this carrier is that I didn’t get one sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment